Constipation is a common condition that affects all ages.1 It can mean that you’re not passing stools regularly or you’re unable to completely empty your bowel.
It’s likely that you have constipation if: you have not had a poo at least 3 times in the last week, the poo is often large and dry, hard or lumpy, or you are straining or in pain when you have a poo.1
Chronic constipation is a complicated condition among older people, notable by difficult stool passage. In this regard, chronic constipation can impact quality of life. Various factors can cause chronic constipation.2 These include a lack of dietary fibre, not drinking enough fluid, changes in diet, lack of exercise, medication side effects and stress, anxiety and depression.1
Making simple changes to your diet and lifestyle can help treat constipation. You may notice a difference within a few days; however, it can take a few weeks before your symptoms improve. Laxatives can also be used when there is an inadequate response to diet and lifestyle changes, when there is faecal impaction or other medical conditions, or medication-induced constipation.3,4
Ask your pharmacist about Laxido Orange, powder for oral solution (Macrogol 3350, sodium chloride, sodium hydrogen carbonate, potassium chloride), which provides reassuring relief from chronic constipation and faecal impaction* in adults, adolescents (aged 12 years+) and the elderly.5
Always read the leaflet. If symptoms persist, seek advice from your pharmacist or doctor.
Find out more: www.laxido.com/
*The faecal impaction diagnosis should be confirmed by your doctor or specialist nurse prior to taking Laxido Orange.
- NHS: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/constipation/ Accessed October 2023
- Forootan M, Bagheri N, Darvishi M. Chronic constipation: A review of literature. Medicine (Baltimore). 2018 May;97(20):e10631. doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000010631. PMID: 29768326; PMCID: PMC5976340. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29768326/ Accessed October 2023
- https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/stomach-liver-and-gastrointestinal-tract/constipation Accessed October 2023
- Allen S. How to deal with constipation. The Pharmaceutical Journal. 2007; 279: 23-26. https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/article/ld/how-to-deal-with-constipation Accessed October 2023
- Laxido® Orange. Summary of Product Characteristics. November 2021.
MAT-LAX ORG-UK-000124 Date of Preparation: October 2023